1.02.2008

I am a hard drive crash test dummy.

Well, not a crash, but certainly a fender bender this time. Yesterday, after returning from onething/TheCallKC, the ol' 17 inch powerbook got slower, and s l ow e r, and s l o w ... e ... r until all I had was the infamous pinwheel of death. (I will pause to allow PC fans to rejoice. Both of you, take your liberty.)

Because I am a one trick tech pony, I restarted it. That trick failed. I did it again, as if the machine didn't realize what had happened. No dice, no whir, no data. Selah.

OK, so I've got one more trick. Reinstall the OS. I managed to get that done and find all my data again, but Brandon der Wondertech had to reset all my email settings. It seems four email accounts syncing across three devices takes a little more than my skill.

We spent most of the day in meetings - first with my ROCKING team, who knows no equal. We do hard stuff. Like producing events for 10-20k people. I am beginning to understand why major rock acts get $120/ticket or more for a full day festival. Rest assured we're doing it for a heck of a lot less than that. :)

The afternoon was spent with Lou and Therese Engle and JHOP leaders from across the nation, praying, laughing, eating, praying some more. Later we retired to the Dunn with Engles to nail the schedule for School of Intercession and TheCall Ohio - both which you need to register for immediately.

I will admit. I woke up January 1 thinking "d'oh. We do it again in 11 days." I kind of freaked. Today, with the schedule forming up, I feel much, much better. Next stop, US Bank Arena. Kelsey is teaching at the School of Intercession. I'm stage managing TheCall. It's fun to be in the mix.

5 comments:

Ben said...

My favorite part of this post:
"(I will pause to allow PC fans to rejoice. Both of you, take your liberty.)" HAHAHHAA!

Ronni Hall said...

I literally just picked up my ibook from a HDD transplant of its own... and 185 bux later... I'm back...

11 days... man... its coming fast... we didn't even get a hotel room yet and I was signed up to do volunteer stuff but haven't been contacted so don't know what is going on there...

11 days. wow.

Esther Irwin said...

aaawwww, poor Mac! What do you do to your electronic gear to make it crash?

Actually, I've been fairly impressed with the Mac OS. I'm only using PC stuff on it, but it works great! :)

P said...

Being one of the other two....


I will say this. I am hard pressed to understand how a hard drive can fail just because it is a mac. I might be wrong, but doesnt it use std hard drives?

So unless it is the hardware controller etc... I just chalk this up to user abuse. If it isnt, then I will say between "daughter boards" and hard drives, Ill keep my PC. Havent had a hard drvie fail yet on my machine.

Could just be Steve Jobs isnt keeping up on his ritual sacrifices to Satan in order to keep the masses deceived.ebo

Esther Irwin said...

@Sean - are you praying for Steve to get saved? I thought it was Bill Gates that had 666 for his name in binary and Steve Jobs was the golden boy?