11.23.2007

Only the uninitiated would think so....

OK, I admire this woman's fervor, even if I disagree with almost everything she says...but this one line nearly made me spit my coffee into my (newly replaced) keyboard...

"Having children is selfish. It's all about maintaining your genetic line at the expense of the planet."

I hate to play this card, lady, but anyone who thinks that having kids is selfish has never had one. Granted, people get into parenthood through a variety of situations, but once they're there, they quickly learn that having children is by necessity one of the most selfless acts a human is capable of.

I'm reminded of the nun who was mopping up vomit on her hands and knees in an orphanage. A visitor saw this an muttered "You couldn't pay me enough to do that....".

The Sister looked up at the visitor and calmly said "You couldn't pay me enough either."

No comments: