7.30.2005


how to freak the barrista....

Somewhere along the lines I ended up with a couple of "ANY DRINK FREE" coupons from Starbucks. You know - the ones they give you if they goof up your drink. These coupons afford the straight coffee drinkers among us an opportunity to experiement with drinks that normaly would require special financing. So I did.

Me: I'd like a Venti Caramel Machiato with three extra shots...

Cashier: blank stare Huh?

Me: I'd like a Venti Caramel Machiato with three extra shots...

Cashier: to barrista....I need a....Quinti-Venti Machiato.

Barrista: blank stare Huh?

Cashier: to barrista For real. pause....after punching 37 buttons and using a slide rule for accurate calculations Sir, that'll be six dollars.

Me: triumphantly slapping down coupon I've got one of these....

Cashier: thinking: doofus. I see.

And it was good, by the way. Not worth six bucks, but good.

No comments: