8.11.2003

Be careful where you sit....

I've been reading Psalm 1 this morning. It's not a huge chapter - six verses, actually, but wow...talk about some far ranging implications in a few words. It describes the two very distinct directions that a man's life may go, particularly based on a few simple decisions that we make every day.

Ps 1:1
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers....

It's making me think about where I sit, ephumistically speaking. Where are the places I spend extended times, what do I dedicate energy towards, what is going on in the background when I'm doing nothing? The passage indicates that this, coupled with the next verse about delighting in the truths of God, dictates my spiritual health. Verse three says that whatever a man sets to do, he will find success, so long as he's followed these to directives - be careful where you sit, and delight in the law of God.

Sometimes I think Jesus is going to return to find the entire church on the couch, eating Cheetoes and watching reruns. I've gotta start thinking about where I sit. The implications are huge.

No comments: