8.11.2003

We're beginning our first real week @ IHOP. Until now, I've been ducking in from 5:30 to 6:30 AM and again late at night to spend some time in the prayer room, but other than that, just trying to get the house unpacked.

Last night, Jackson & Grayson were a part of the Children's stuff here...this is undoubtably one of the most difficult aspects of making the move - watching our kids transition. It feels like "Okay, we chose this...they didn't get a vote." Most of my concerns dissipated when, afterwards, they described their night. Three kids (around 12 years old) just got back from a trip to Mexico where they led a camp for hundreds of Mexican children. One of the little boys was getting ready to move to Idaho, and they mentioned that someone might want to help contribute to his plane ticket. Grayson (6) has been carrying a nickel around for a week - it's his prize possessioin....he told me, "I tried to give him my nickel but he told me to keep it." Something about all that told me this was going to be okay.

No comments: