2.28.2008

I think I have Sjogren's Syndrome

Ok, that title's going to cause some strange google searches because there really is something called Sjogren's Syndrome, and I don't have it...but I'm realizing I do share some unusual quirks with my friend, Steve.

While Steve is comfortable in front of large crowds, he's essentially an introvert in denial.   Years ago, he told me "When I'm on an airplane, and they're showing a movie....I get my laptop and watch my own movie.  Sometimes it's the same movie.  I just want to watch it alone."

I thought he was loony.  Then this morning, I found myself on the elliptical machine at the gym. With 9 forty inch screens showing everything from CNN to an old Hall and Oates video (Say it isn't so!), I watched the NBC News.  Through my earbuds.  On my iPod's 2 inch screen.

Sometimes it's just good to be alone.



2 comments:

Admin said...

Just stopped by to say "hey".

Hey.

Ronni Hall said...

Ha! I love Steve. I remember my cell going off like 4 times in 5 minutes and I let off a loud sigh... I truly hate answering that thing sometimes... and I commented on that... and he just looked at me and said, "just because you own it doesn't mean you have to turn it on or answer it."

Lightbulb moment. I ignore it constantly now. LOL. Some texts don't get answered for days. LOL.