10.12.2007

Fix me a Blackberry Shake.

CNN has an article on phantom Blackberry vibrations - the sensation that your 'berry is buzzing when it's not. One guy mentions something pretty bizarre that I've noticed myself - the buzz of anticipation when you're Blackberry is about to ring:
Jake Ward, a former press secretary for Sen. Olympia Snowe and current director of Qorvis Communications Inc., a public relations company in Washington, D.C., said he switched his BlackBerry from his hip to his jacket pocket six months ago, but still feels it there.

"Aftershocks," he said.

He also claims to "pre-feel" a new message or call. "I'll feel it, look at it. It's not vibrating. Then it starts vibrating," he said. "I am one with my BlackBerry."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with this more.

Isaac said...

microwaves. i read the other day too that the ingestion of microwaves substances has a direct affect on our central nervous systems, hence leaving us more sensitive to microwaves...
or mind control.

Isaac said...

microwaves. i read the other day too that the ingestion of microwaves substances has a direct affect on our central nervous systems, hence leaving us more sensitive to microwaves...
or mind control.

Brian said...

Dude...its true. All of this has happened to me.

retro said...

Jeez, this happens to me too! I hate it when I feel for the cell and nothing really happened!

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

You people scare me! I can hear it now..."I Can't Go On If Living Is Without You (My Blackberry)." Blackberry Withdrawl Recovery Groups (thatz a freebie to Rick Warren). Blackberry Rage. Blackberry (SVS) Sudden Vibration Syndrome.

What if Engle and Berglund declare a 40 Day Blackberry Fast? I'm thinking some of you would rather be Martyred.

Randy Bohlender said...

Chris - to misquote Charlton Heston: "You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold, dead hand...."

Peace of Mind Property Management & Repair said...

So THIS is what the Beach Boys meant when they said, "I'm pickin up good vibrations."