5.07.2007

Hello, Friends

Children of the 80's, remember when the writing for Dallas went way off the deep end and they killed off Bobby, the saintly brother to J.R., and then spent an entire season trying to explain it, only to start the next season by having his wife wake up from the dream to find that he was in the shower?

Shower's over, baby. I'm back.

I am resuming the blog effective immediately, with the following governing principles.

True to form, I'm going to pretty much write what I am thinking about when I sit to the keyboard. I don't have time to plot series', host forums or that sort of thing. For what you pay, it's a good service. No whining.

I am opening the comments but will probably bounce more than I actually post. Mostly because I can. Search the constitution. Commenting is not an inalienable right.

Be it understood that if we are friends in the analog world, then reading my blog in the digital world does not constitute keeping in touch. In fact, if you know me but your only connection is through the blog, that is decidedly creepier than people who don't know me reading the blog. Pick up the phone. But pull over to the side of the road first.

Blog on, peeps. Talk at you tomorrow.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

praisellujah!

Ronni Hall said...

Sweet. Welcome back. So is only knowing you through mutual friends and acquaintances creepy? I've never been called creepy. Annoying, yes... but never creepy. HA!

Anonymous said...

J.R....I mean, Randy Bohlender...LIVES! This is gonna be good!

Shelley Paulson said...

Wow, this is a historic week!

Tracie said...

We're Listening!

Anonymous said...

Mr. B - It will be good to have something fresh to read again. Welcome back.

retro said...

Great news, Randy. Glad you're back in the game. CBB

Anonymous said...

So where did we find you after we woke up? Chick-fil-A, maybe?

Marc said...

Welcome back

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

Grayson said...

Daddy is back@

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back - I believe there is dancing in the streets!

I guess I'm in the "creepy category" since we've never met. However.........if I introduce myself to you and Kelsey at the Omega Conference, will that remove me from the very creepy "creepy category"?!?!
P.S. Now that I think about it, as a parent of IHOP children, I really don't think I belong in your "creepy category", maybe I belong in the "little less than creepy category." : )

Anonymous said...

I for one actually enjoyed your absence.

Steeno

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back. Hope you'll keep us updated on The Call stuff.

Theresa said...

So if I use flattery and tell you that I really missed your posts because they were funny and creative, will that take me out of the creepy category. I have children at IHOP does that help?
Right on and Write on!

Esther Irwin said...

And I had almost recovered from my blog addiction!!

As to where we woke up at,I guess it wasn't at Steeno's blog... :) Randy I've met, Steeno I haven't so I can be a bit cheeky!

Esther Irwin said...

Does this mean we get updated photos of Zoe?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

The Godfather of IHOP bloggers is back! So glad to hit my RSS Feed. A day with out "stuff i think" is like drinking a cup of Denny's coffee versus a nice smooth Torrefazione...Welcome back!

Tom said...

Nice!

Signed,
Typeless in the Nati (errr Tommy P.)

Chuck Scott said...

It's a good thing you decided to come back. I was about to pull your link from my blog. Call it intuition, call it prophetic, call it what you will, but I did not. Jes sayin...

Can I still be creepy?

Kristi Walsh said...

Oh, this is a good day. Does picking up the phone and calling your awesome wife count??

Randy Bohlender said...

Kristi - rest assured you are not creepy! :-)

Elizabeth Kosorski said...

Believe it or not, I tried to email you yesterday before I realized you were blogging again. It got blocked as "spam" by some high tech filter you have. Just cause I sent it to more than one person doesn't mean it is spam.

Johnny said...

Cool, cool. I was genuinely missing your posts, Randy.

Don't know you, but you never know, one day our paths might cross, and I'll definitely say "hi"

You're going back on the blogroll!

J :-)