1.28.2007

Lucky Duck, part the second

RE: my earlier post about the duck who survived two gunshots and days in the freezer, only to freak the living daylights of the folks when he pulled a Lazurus from the freezer.

Apparently, the duck is at it again.

The one-pound female duck stopped breathing Saturday during surgery to repair gunshot damage to one wing, said Noni Beck of the Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.

Veterinarian David Hale revived the bird after several tense moments by performing CPR.

"I started crying, 'She's alive!"' Beck said.

CPR on a duck. Let's just think about that for a bit and see what fits the bill.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will kill the duck if/when I see it.

Emily Meagan said...

Wow! Thats all I can say. Wow!

Esther Irwin said...

umm., well, it quacks me up! I suppose if the vet had not revived the duck, his goose would have been cooked. But maybe it was on a wing and a prayer.. Is there an acronym for all this? the word verification is foxbs..???

Randy Bohlender said...

Steeno - that was spoken like a true vice president.

"Duck!" is often heard when hunting with Dick Cheney.

Anonymous said...

all this emotion towards a duck that was going to be dinner, and yet 4500 people were killed today and nobody bats an eye.

I think it's time to do some prioritizing in the Western Hemisphere.

Lisa said...

Hey, weighing in from South Dakota. Umm, I'm sorry about your presidential bid.

Sorry, but I am going to have to spirtualize this duck event and take it as a prophetic sign. If any of you were here in SD right now, where it was -24 F yesterday morning, you would understand what it feels like to be a frozen duck...yet still alive.

Our abortion ban was a dead duck after the November election. A new bill, albeit with slightly clipped wings, will be submitted today. We ad Bound4Life SD have never stopped believing, and have been sieging almost every day at the Planned Parenthood in Sioux Falls, our only abortion provider. Yes, it is cold.

So I hope God is talking to us through this dead (but yet, not dead) duck, who was revived by CPR. Breathe life into us, Lord!

Lisa said...

OR...

Is this "lame duck" phenomenon a call to pray for President Bush? No really, I'm serious. God's always talking.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/23/bush.lame.duck/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

You know, I could have bounced and put this amazing insight on my own blog, Randy.

Anonymous said...

*warms up drums*

*inserts good rimshot*