12.06.2006

Stuff I Want to Think About

Last year about this time, I went on a thinking binge. Now, some of you might be able to think at the drop of a hat. Not me. I've got to sort of prime the mental pump. I do this by reading widely - stuff I agree with, stuff that infuriates me and a little in the middle.

In November of 05 I was reading about five good books at a time. Then came December....and we entered the vortex of produce omega / adopt a baby / rehab a kitchen. Wow. It's been a year and I'm ready to dig in again.

I've added the Stuff I Want to Think About section on the right. So tell me, what sort of books are you wanting to read in 08? And anybody read any of these? What did you think?

9 comments:

Brent Steeno said...

Get a real job! 10 - 12 hours a week at starbucks would be find!

Randy Bohlender said...

ouch.....who would say such a thing?

Anonymous said...

2008, Randy? Must I focus that far in advance now?

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

The God Delusion...I want to read it but don't want to buy it...so whoever gets a copy first lets all share it. Don't want to help it or others stay on the Best Seller List. Read Article in TIME (nov13) debate between Dawkins and Francis Collins (Scientist who headed Genome Project.) Collins is a Christ Follower who believe in a Creator who created...(Thiestic Evolution). Collins is not the greatest Debator, but he pinned Dawkins a couple of times.

Randy Bohlender said...

re: 08...uh, power of a focused life, baby.

John E. said...

Tying this post to your talk of p. 824 the other day...: see "de Westerse Bijbel" ("the Western Bible"). Ouch.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

A book by Randy Bohlender is on my list for 2007. Anyone else think the same thing???

Sarah said...

Funny...I have "The Audacity of Hope" and "Team of Rivals" on hold at the library. It probably will be '08 before I get to Obama's book...I'm something like #133 in line for it.

Also on my want-to-read list: Kite Runner, Antichrist: Islam's Awaited Messiah

Anonymous said...

actually, i'd like to see a book by kelsey bohlender as well!

anitah