8.17.2006

the view from here


We're not in Kansas (City) anymore...you're looking at the view I'm looking at, except I'm smelling the sea salt and you're wasting bandwidth surfing blogs.

This is the view from the deck of our loaned condo, no zoom necessary. I could throw a stone in the ocean from our deck. Or an empty IBC root beer bottle. Of course, either of those would take effort and I'm not about to waste any.

We went for a family walk on the beach today. ZB is a born sheller. The big boys are exploring the world of body surfing. Kelsey and I are just plain happy to be here. We've got the boys. We've got the waves. We've got WiFi. It's a recreational triumvirate that is tough to match.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did people do before WiFi? Is that what the Oregon Trail was all about?

Anonymous said...

man, you need to update your son's link...

Anonymous said...

man, you need to update your son's link...

Liz said...

I am glad you are taking some time to yourselves! I will be doing the same the week after OneThing ATL. Wish you could be here. Maybe one day Dwayne will ask his stunt double to preach with him!

xoxoxo

Randy Bohlender said...

I don't do stunt work for Dwayne. He does stunt work for me. It's in my contract.

Angela Baumgardner said...

hope you're having a great time.
wanted you to know I'm in the great state of South Dakota for prayer and mobilization before the November abortion ban vote.
I set up a blog for updates: www.abaumgardner.blogspot.com
blessings

Esther Irwin said...

Someday you will have to bring your family over to New Zealand. (Omega conference???) We live across the street from the ocean and get those kinds of views all the time. Only the water is cleaner. If you want to see some of the pictures around here, go to www.nzimages.com. My DH takes panoramaic pictures.

Randy Bohlender said...

Angela - SEE WALL DRUG! (Ask a local....)

well,blue productions said...

Oh how I miss the days of the ocean...why one must return from honeymoon is still a mystery to me.