5.23.2006

Sweet redemption....

Yesterday, while making an announcement at the staff meeting, I used a word that apparently had never been uttered on the IHOP stage. No, it was not a naughty one...just something out of the norm. By the time I returned to my seat, I received the following email:

....Hey, yeah, looked up your staff-meeting choice word and... "dirth","derth",or "durth" don't exist. I must admit, you actually live out my dreams of getting on stage and very straight-facedly making up words and using them with confidence....


Ouch. Nothing like bein' called out on the Scrabble Carpet.

I replied:

Hey - Just because you can't spell it doesn't mean it's not a word...

Sweet redemption! I will not reveal the erroneous sender of the original email, but will entertain guesses in the comments section. Discuss amongst yourselves.

And if you at the meeting - it's not too late to Save Marci's Joy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be Steeno...

Randy Bohlender said...

No. Steeno wasn't even listening to the announcement.

ylmurph said...

sounds like there's a dearth of dictionaries around the place....
maybe you could add an etymology section to some of your training.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...this story sounds eerily familiar...at a certain Smoky Mountain cabin at Thanksgiving...concerning the word ROIL........I seem to remember certain people doubting the existence of said ROIL during a game of killer scrabble....

Randy Bohlender said...

Someone has a very good memory.

Anonymous said...

sounds like me and scrabble... I get challenged wwwwaaaaaaayyyy too much! LOL