4.28.2004

We survived Disney.

That may not seem like much to you, but if you've been, you'll understand. I was quite impressed with the high rate of speed that they manage to place cars in their parking lot - at one point I felt like I was on pit road in Bristol...zoom, swerve, and brake hard. Then again, if I were getting $9 per vehicle to park, I'd figure a way to park them as fast as possible too. Of course, there are shots on the fotoblog.

I'm preparing for the weekend at the conference in Dayton (www.servantevangelism.com) as well as teaching at Eastgate Vineyard Saturday and Sunday. I've been eaten alive by the opening verses of Mark...the simplicity that launched John the Baptist into ministry in the most unlikely place.

Mark 1:1-4a
The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is written in Isaiah the prophet:
"I will send my messenger ahead of you,
       who will prepare your way"
   "a voice of one calling in the desert,
   'Prepare the way for the Lord,
       make straight paths for him.' "
And so John came...

"And so John came...". That's it. God said "I will send..." and John came. That is so rediculously simple when compared to our navel-gazing, self-centered approach to finding the will of God. If I read one more warm fuzzy piece on how to feel good about doing little or nothing, thinly disguised as an article on "Finding God's Will", I shall surely barf.

I can't suppose to tell you exactly what God's will is for your life, but I can give you a start. Put down the laptop. Get your duff off the couch. Figure out one or two things that God is doing in your city - what He's really breathing life into - and join it. Even if you totally miss it, at least you're focusing on something other than yourself.

I need to learn to blog earlier in the day when I'm not cranky. :)

No comments: