8.26.2003

In search of a little support...

Okay, I'm only telling you this to hold my feet to the fire. I have accepted a writing challenge that, frankly, scares the dickens out of me. I have agreed to deliver 50,000 coherent words to a publisher by Feb 15. The number of people who knew this was coming is probably less than ten...not because I'm not excited about it, but more likely because I'm a little intimidated by it. Okay, that was an understatement. I'm freaked out to the Nth degree.

I keep telling myself that, given that I use about 3,000 words if I speak for 30 minutes (that might sound nuts to you if you've never heard me, but it's true), then I'm looking at writing about sixteen or seventeen talks. I can do this.

Of course, now that you know about it, I have to do this. Nothing like a little shame as motivation.

No comments: