6.23.2008

Weekend Recap and random thoughts.

Be it known that one can be sitting at a Mexican restaurant in West Chester, OH at 2:50pm and be at the Indianapolis airport by 4:45pm, although it takes a bit of work. In the end, our 5:10 flight left promptly at 6:30pm and flew through every pocket of bad weather between Indy and home.

We found Dale and Cheryl Anderson wandering the Indy terminal waiting for the same flight, so at least it wasn't wasted time...

I really enjoyed our trip to Cincinnati. We had a blast connecting with friends and being in familiar surroundings. It's funny - I've lived in KC almost as long as I lived in Cinci, but KC still seems like a place I'm visiting at times.

The trip was fun, yes. Restful, not so much. Between Thursday and Sunday, Kelsey and I covered 2 school reunion functions and five church services.

SOS was big fun, although I nearly booted the video monitor off the stage. It was right at my feet, so every time I looked at it, I was looking....right at my feet. Of course, I only actually looked three or four times, but I spoke the whole time thinking that everyone was being forced to look at the top of my head. It wasn't until I reviewed the video that I realized that it wasn't the full-time view.

Assorted:

Twitter is the K-Car of the Information Superhighway. A great idea poorly executed (so far...). For those of you too young to remember the K-Car, it was a series of automobiles built by Chrysler in the mid to late 80's. They were small, stylish, and fuel efficient....in fact, they were VERY fuel efficient. My dad owned one that used almost no gas, primarily because it was almost never running.

Recent Epiphany: If there's someone who should be worrying about something and they're not, you probably can't convince them to worry about it. They are the man without arms....they're not going to pick anything up.

2 comments:

sarah true said...

what did you talk about at sos?

Randy Bohlender said...

@Sarah - The Book of Joel.