2.01.2008

report from the front....

We landed in Orlando on Wednesday, four vans full of musicians and kids and speakers and gear like real rock stars who just happened to fly commercial.

Thanks to our friend Downtown Steve Brown, we're learning the trick to getting discounts and fees waved: "We're on tour." No kidding. When you say that, for some reason, things happen. Prices drop. Amenities appear. I think I'm going on tour for the rest of my life.

The School of Intercession got off to a great start - a very nice room tucked away in the back of a resort. Fortunately, we got signs up in time, because without them, Indiana Jones couldn't have found the place. Stacey Campbell kicked it off yesterday afternoon. We had a local guest speaker last night, then Kelsey speaks this morning and Misty Edwards this afternoon. Somehow the School of Intercession has become the Intercessory Lilith Fair.

Next stop, the Silver Spur Arena for the Intercessory Rodeo that is TheCall....

Did I mention it's going to be in the 80's today? Be blessed. We are.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Are these fees and discounts that are only useful for groups with large amounts of equipment? Or is this secret technique useful to anyone?

Anonymous said...

Stop bragging about the weather...it snowed here yesterday.

I can't even pretend it's not depressing to say. I wish I was in Florida.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Lilith Fair, ha -- 'cept, I can't sing. Don't know about Stacey, but she does have a couple good CDs.