7.25.2007

I don't mean to quibble...but

When the anchorman drops a statistic that combines percentages and fractions in the same sentence, it makes me wonder...do they ever think about writing for clarity?

I'm just sayin'....

3 comments:

Earl and Bev Rutledge said...

We understand what their purpose should be--present clearly and without bias the news of the day. But, maybe they don't want to do that, or maybe it cannot be done. Our world view glasses always affect our perception and many times we know that and do our best to cloud the issue with double talk and selected stats. The news is not just news, its news mixed with editorial and personal interpretation, no matter who the anchorman is.

Quibble, it might save ya.

Shawn Blanc said...

90% of the time I read 3/4s of what you say, and it's still only half as interesting as the other 10%.

Esther Irwin said...

I understood that, Shawn.