8.03.2006

Kitchen Lost...Kitchen Regained

Monday, the new cabinets were installed. They look phenomenal - maple spice, for you cabinet fans, with a dark oak island. In 3 weeks we'll have countertops and a sink right in the kitchen like many Americans.

The last two evenings, my buddy Eric came over to help me lay the tile. Actually, if he says he helped me, he is being very generous. I cut a few tile, carried supplies and grunted my approval at his arrow-straight tile lines. He did 90 percent of the work, although 30 percent was spent on that one tile by the door. :) Due to his generous contribution of time and know-how, I hereby dub it the Cornhusker Memorial Kitchen. Let us pause for a minute of silence....

We grout tomorrow, and then move the fridge back in the new fridge cubby hole and install the stove. Whoohooo!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh wow. That's all I have to say about that.

P said...

pictures please......

its all rumor until we see it.