3.23.2006

wisdom 101

A lesson I continually learn is the lesson that I don't learn much.

I find myself in judgement-call situations, and my initial reaction is not right as often as I'd wish. Not that the circumstances are all that different than any other time...often it's the same situation, different characters. Perhaps the problem is with my nature rather than my insticts.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

I must know the One who can change my nature. I must draw nearer to the One who can rewire my reaction process. Knowledge of the Holy One is desparately needed if I am ever going to reflect Him with any sort of accuracy.

just stuff I think about....

2 comments:

Liz said...

he, he, he. I am experiencing the same thing right now. Lessons I didn't learn in high school He is bringing around the mountain again for me to learn now, 15 years later. What's differnt is that I am willing to face them now instead of running away...(well, some days are better than others)...

I'm glad to know that Randy Bohlender deals with this too.

Randy Bohlender said...

In high school...fifteen years later? What did you do? Graduate at ten?!?!