The S.S. Family Truckster's front axle or brakes continues to emit a growl like an old tomcat. Another trip to Mac is needed. I am praying that it's brakes although the nature of the sporadic grinding makes me worry it's a little further in from the hub than that.
I have been surfing eBay for possible replacements (surfing in faith, as we have zero budget for this sort of thing at this point) and discovering that a family with three growing boys - the oldest as big as mom and dad already - has precious few options when it comes to automobiles.
- It must be able to remain comfortable for our periodic gonzo road trips (we've seen multiple 1000 mile days in the last few years).
- We need something that can comfortably haul seven and their luggage.
- It must hold enough stuff to resource the invasion of a third world country and yet be nimble enough for Kelsey to enjoy taking in to the grocery store.
- It must offer a driving position that will allow the short adults in our house to see over the car in front of us, yet not have a propensity to turtle when I hook it down the ramp from 435 N to 71 N (where I very nearly balled up an old Volvo one time).
- It must be fairly economical to drive.