2.18.2006

a working weekend


Still facing a deadline, I spent the better part of the day at the office today, hammering away at the keyboard.

At the end of the afternoon, I pulled all of the pieces into one document and found out that I'm right on pace, having just passed 35,000 words. Whoohooo! Did I mention I started sixteen days ago?

The office was not exactly a bastion of serenity today, so I crammed my earbuds in my ears and wrote while listening to a few musical gems by Allison Krause and Blues Traveler.

Let me just say that there is a reason they give that girl all them pretty statues. She's got a voice as clear as crystal.

And Blues Traveler just flat out rocketh.

5 comments:

Gary Lamb said...

I am a Allison freak. I am convinced that is what the angels are going to sound like in Heaven. :)

Randy Bohlender said...

And that from that from a Bon Jovi fan. :-)

Kristi Walsh said...

I absolutely love Allison Krause....have since I was about 14.

Randy Bohlender said...

since you were 14?...ok, so you've been an Allison Krause fan two years, Kristi?

Do you remember sitting at our kitchen table in Cincinnati when it dawned on us all that the year Kelsey and I got married you were...in the second grade!?! :)

Chuck Scott said...

i just want a harmonica bandolier. allison rocks, not too sure about bon jovi though.