2.07.2006

1 Peter 5

It's more and more obvious to me that the most counterculture thing we could manage to do is live a Godly life.

1 Peter 5 preaches a radical message of preferring one another while signing up for delayed compensation. In a world that tells us that fortune favors the bold, God tells us that eternity favors the meek.

I Peter 5:6,7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's might hand, that He may life you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

The word 'cares' is the Greek word 'melo'...and is translated most other places as 'concerned' and in at least one place as 'worry'.

The idea of God worrying about us stretches my theology a little bit, but His being concerned seems decidedly more active that just 'caring'. I care about the price of oil. I am concerned about the welfare of my children.

Rest easy, today, knowing God is concerned for you and, if you are striving to live in alignment with what He is doing, He is actively working toward your ultimate good.

1 comment:

Alaska1 said...

Another good one Randy,

I needed to hear this today. I am praying my way through some interesting stuff in life and I can see God's hand working.

Now if we can just get His hand to help you spell.. just kidding and no looking at my blog :)