10.28.2005

Looks like Harriet Miers will actually not benefit from the popular "Keep Texans Working" program. I'm sure she's a brilliant lawyer with an excellent work ethic who makes great pumpkin bread and loves Jesus and the rodeo, but at the end of the day, we didn't know much about her and were being told that we couldn't even be told about her because of her unique previous experience.

Who's next - someone out of the Federal Witness Protection Program, who we can't even know the name of because of their unique previous experience?!!?! "Chief Justice Roberts, meet Justice 2346234, who will sit behind a backlit screen because of their unique prior experience.

Senator Brownback is right - if a Ruth Bader Ginsburg can get confirmed while still carrying a pocket full of pencils and post-its that she swiped from the supply closet while she ran the ACLU, the surely a verifiable conservative should be able to expect a fair shake. Actually, I think this is as much about testing the heart McCain's gang of nitwits, er, gang of seven, who worked to subvert the fillibuster rule change earlier this year. It'll be interesting to see how open they are to cooperation when they recieve a candidate they haven't rubber stamped already.

I've already given indications to the White House that I am not available. If asked, I will not respond. If selected, I will not serve. If confirmed, I will not conform. I've got more important things to do.

No comments: