8.03.2005

Dr. Matthew Dyer named Sr. Pastor of McLaren's Cedar Ridge Church: 'After a previous decision to free up their founding pastor to spend more time writing and national and international service, Spencerville, Maryland's Cedar Ridge Community Church, founded in 1982 by Brian McLaren and Bill Duncan, announces that they have selected a new Senior Pastor, Dr. Matthew Dyer.' Brian McLaren is quoted as follows: 'It would be a dream come true for me if the Dyers can come. I would be proud in the best and deepest sense of the word to pass the baton of leadership to Matthew, and he and I both sense we would have a strong and lasting friendship as well as a solid working relationship. I support him with my highest and unqualified enthusiasm.'"

Further Story: Randy Bohlender is quoted: "I worked for Matthew for about two days....he was leaving the Cincy Vineyard the week I was coming, and technically, he was my boss for 48 hours. I think we went to Chili's for lunch. I give the good doctor two thumbs up for character and heart. And an extra thumb for that cool James Bond accent. ' Dyer. Matthew Dyer.'"

No comments: