7.05.2005

ZB rocks the house....


Image(142)#1
Originally uploaded by rbohlender.


Four years ago today, in a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, Zion Isaiah Bohlender entered the world. Taking a look at his little five and a half pound frame, the nurse gave him a nickname that sticks today: Peanut. Jackson and Grayson were butterballs at birth. ZB was different - he was so little that we claimed that if we'd gotten those legs in a bucket of Popeyes we would have sent them back.

We threw a little bash for the boy today with his brothers and the Amabile children. Brain Kim upstaged our gift by presenting him with the huge electronic drum set pictured here. Zion immediately smacked the sticks together for a 1-2-3-4 count and started banging away, singing at the top of his lungs.

All our boys are special, of course, but there's something about the youngest that makes any parent laugh. I think it's because you sort of get your anxieties worked out on the first two kids. The third one is like coasting. Especially when all he wants to do is play one of his guitars or his drums and worship. I promise you he has a larger mental catalogue of worship songs than most paid worship leaders. And he'll let you play in his band, even if you stink. I know, because I played guitar with him a few days ago. Everything we played ended up sounding like Sweet Home Alabama.

One last boy story - I'm sitting in Grayson and Jackson's room as they get ready for bed...with a sleepy voice, Gray asked me "Dad, was I good today?"

"Yes, son. I think you were very good. What do you think?"

"Well, that's what I thought. I just wanted to get a parent's opinion."

No comments: