5.13.2005

nose into the wind, powering forward, pulling back on the stick....

We leave in an hour and a half in the infamous, once-thought-stolen Red Van with our boys, my mom, and two interns in tow for Kansas City. The bottled water, dried fruit, atlas and Jackson's iPod are good to go. Probably should have filled the gas tank last night too....

Last night, through a series of conversations, I came to understand a little bit of how much I love this group of people. There are no finer young people on the face of the planet, and it is an honor be counted among them. We were all recounting the last five months or so together...I remember meeting up with Jesse Engle in Atlanta to stand in front of the 11th District Federal Court in prayer. Lightening and thunder were rocking the downtown area as the rain poured down on us. Jesse had been with another group that we'd been separated from for about 24 hrs. When we reconnected and took our places there in the rain, I remember the sensation of "This is not the last battle I will fight along side Jesse."

We will all fight wars in our lives. Blessed is the man who loves the people next to him in the foxhole.

No comments: