9.20.2004

I spent Saturday in home repairsville...and realizing that we are no longer living in a new house. The house we're in was built in the 50's, and as a result, standards have changed. Without going into the gory details, suffice it to say that the Home Depot Universal Toilet Repair Kit is not nearly as universal as they would lead you to believe. When I returned it and asked Mike the Plumbing Guy what I should do for a narrow guage tank drain, I got the blank stare treatment. I believe I own a one-off, experimental toilet tank....probably built by NASA.

Yesterday, IHOP hosted Art Katz. A German Jew, he narrowly escaped the holocaust and spent years trying to reconcile the notion of the existence of God with this dark time in history. Katz's energy sort of tricks you into thinking he's a lot younger than he is - and his command of the english language is phenomenal. He'll be with us again today at 10 AM and 6 PM, as well as sitting in with the leadership team this afteroon. It's great to be in a place where guests like this blow through almost weekly.

No comments: