So here's the deal...

We will be out of our rental house in 30 days. We have no idea where we're going.

Found house number one - dickered but didn't land on a price. Moved on.

Found house number two - dickered and signed contract. Had house inspection. AAAAAK! I'd become a frequent flyer at Home Depot for sure if we bought it. Cancelled contract, moved on.

Found house number three - by far the best of the three, great price 20K under appraisal. Dickered through agent with owner who is now in Atlanta. Arrived at verbal agreement (an oxymoron, I know). Faxed signed contract. While waiting to get it back from him, he called our agent... said he got an offer $2k more than ours and wondered if we would match it. I am not going to get into a bidding war with a possibly invisible buyer and a seemingly unethical seller. Moved on.

July 1 and counting. Stay tuned.

No comments: