5.14.2004

Man Hurls Phones, Causes $2K Store Damage

May 14, 11:38 AM (ET)

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - A man who said he was fed up with his cellular phone service went to a Fargo mall and started hurling phones across a store, striking an employee and causing more than $2,000 in damage, authorities said.

Jason Perala, 22, of Fargo, told The Forum newspaper that he planned only to yell at employees at Verizon Wireless.

"Then I just lost it," he said. "I just started grabbing computers and phones and throwing them. I just destroyed the place. ... I kind of regret that I did it, but I hope my message got across."

Police said Perala took off his shirt and put on safety glasses before throwing around computers, phones and other items.

- - - -

I think it's the part where he puts on safety glasses that makes me doubt that he only planned to yell an people.....

No comments: