4.06.2004

a new day...

It's early AM at the House of Prayer. I can tell by the way Marcus Meier and the band are cranking through a rocking version of "All Hail the Power" that they have been up longer than I have. Nevertheless, I am slowly coming around to full power, along with the help of a cup of joe. This may not seem like much to you, but the prayer room is a coffee-free zone - so say the signs posted on the front doors. Since August this has crippled my prayer life considerably. Steve tells me that in Norwiegen, the word for 'bean' and 'prayer' are the same word...and as it is in Norway, so be it on earth. Yesterday I was informed that the no coffee rule is suspended during the 6 AM prayer meeting. Now they they tell me.... Oh well.

It's a full week, both at the HOP and for the Bohlenders. IHOP is hosting a conference this weekend and Kelsey and I are doing a breakout session on Friday - "The Healing Power of Community". I've got to finish my portion of the notes this morning and jet them over to Kelsey so she can finish up hers without stepping on my thoughts (or contradicting me!). The plan is for me to sort of create the mess and for her to clean it up. It's worked for nearly fifteen years.

On a personal level, we're facing the age-old missionary question of finances. We spent 2 months last summer raising funds, garnering a number of one-time donations and smaller amount in monthly contributions, knowing that at the rate of need, eventually the expenses would overwhelm the 'nest egg'. It looks like that is scheduled to happen around June. We know God's in control, and that He is good. We have confidence that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...

No comments: