3.16.2004

read, rinse, repeat...

I've been stuck, but it's a good stuck. For the past five or six days, I find myself in Psalms...then drifting towards chapters 27 & 28. I keep finding this irritating passage in chapter 28 that describes evildoers as those who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts. Will we ever fully understand the value of clarity with others? Or that God views our innermost thoughts alongside our outward expressions in hopes of seeing some sort of syncroncity?

The verses that really snag me lately, though are in chapter 27, near the end: I am still confident of this: "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord: Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." It is one thing to have confidence in one's own abilities. To stand in a place with a can-do attitude is encouraging...but the older I get, the more can't-do I realize...and yet stuff gets done. I sense a growing confidence in a beautiful outcome despite my inabilities.

On an unrelated note...or perhaps related, who knows...I had an amazing, apocolypitic dream last night, complete with a jumbo jet crash, a run on groceries, and a marching band (no kidding...). Still sorting it all out...but I am still confident of this....I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

No comments: