10.05.2003

Back in KC....

It's been a big weekend. Since we last talked (er, since I last typed), I taught the full Weekend Intensive at VCC on Friday and Saturday, and then this morning at Cobblestone in Oxford. The Weekend Intensive went wonderfully well. As always, Danielle had the details all under control which allowed me to just get up and tell the stories. Final registration was around 90 folks from 25 different churches, including a few guys who drove from Lees Summit, MO (10 minutes from my home here in KC!).

It was good connecting with the crew at VCC. I miss the staff and still feel responsible for those who reported to me...it's harder to pry into their lives and give them much needed advice like I used to when I was on site all the time, but I still managed to get some of that in! They'll thank me someday. Really they will.

Saturday night we managed to squeeze in some connecting time with friends. Cap and Sharon Karns opened their home to us and about thirty friends from all different streams of our life...the Vineyard, SpiritLifers, and others who we have collected along the journey. 11 pm found us sitting out on their stamped-concrete patio warming our toes around the fire pit with those dear to us. It was so great to see everyone who was able to make it. Illustrator Exraordinaire David Sheldon called at the last minute to say he couldn't make it - something about a goat cheese crisis, if I remember correctly. Perhaps next time.

The drive home today was...fast. The first few hours, everyone slept. I set the cruise on high and listened to Ohio, the new double cd set from Over The Rhine. (the cd set was gifted to me by Donna "411" Hern - her brother did the killer photography work). Karen Berquists' voice is simply haunting. I look forward to driving solo to the airport on Tuesday when I can listen to the entire thing...louder.

Good to be back - starting an extended fast tomorrow. Telling you all this to keep me accountable, I guess. :) Kelsey and I are praying for specific direction regarding ministry here at IHOP...would much rather be working God's plan than forcing ours. Blessings to all of you.

No comments: