8.13.2003

Determination

With all the change in our lives in recent weeks, it's sometimes felt like we've been riding an emotional roller coaster. Even here in the prayer room, it's not difficult to go from "This is the best thing in the world" to "what the heck have I done?" and back inside a fifteen minute window. This morning I hung out in the third Psalm, reading about the role of the Great Encourager in our lives. That little bit was enough to put some grit back in my soul.

I love the Old Testament stories of determiniation....one of my favorites being the passage where the Hebrew captives, threatened with being thrown into a blazing furnace, give Nebuchadnezzer the verbal smackdown:

Daniel 3
If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

Lord, bring us to a place where we trust in your deliverance, and also trust you to determine the shape that deliverance takes. In that place is determination to walk out Your words.

In an unrelated and considerably less spiritual note - if you're a Mac user and have a clue why the Blogger interface looks so different on my iBook than it does on our desktop pc, can you enlighten me? It gives me zilch for formatting options...I'm just ham-handing the little html I know. Those little cheat buttons on the pc version came in handy! :)

No comments: