6.02.2003

Okay, so I've been gone...

We spent the weekend in Tennessee sharing vision with dear friends. Hosanna Fellowship hosted an event for us Friday Night at their new building - this church is bursting at the seams, focused on worship and tuning their ear to the Voice. We enjoyed our time there very much - especially the picnic Sunday afternoon at Pastor Jeff & Kathy Oakes' home. Kathy had us in stitches with her stories of growing up in the deep south. These are great folks.

After a late-night return, Kelsey and Jackson hit the road again this morning for the 4th Grade Camping Trip. I confess that when the alarm went off at 5:30 AM, I did not covet her slot as a chaparone. I got up, gassed up the truck for her, helped pack some lunches and sent them on their way. Z has already crawled up on the couch and zonked out. He's no dummy.

I fired up my laptop this morning to find a friendly email from from Rev. Billy from the Church of Stop Shopping - we have a mutual friend in NYC who clued him in on my trips to Burning Man. He is apparently going to BMan this year. He seems like he'd be a hoot to hang out with, though I'd think long and hard before offering him coffee. Go to the website. You'll see what I mean.

No comments: