6.12.2003

Now taking recommendations on San Francisco hotels....

Last night I booked flights for Rusty Geverdt & I to take a foray to SF to visit with my friends at the posh Burning Man corporate offices*. I want to talk with them about our relocation to the House of Prayer, the 2003 theme of Beyond Belief, and also just hang out with people very different than me (in some ways perhaps not) who I have developed great affection for. Had you told me three years ago that I would be doing this sort of thing, I would have immediately arranged to have your head examined. As of late, what would have seemed strange is becoming the norm, and what has been my norm is growing increasingly strange. I like it. And it makes me curious as all get-out about what will be going on three years from now...

*as one Burning Man leader described it, their posh corporate offices are above a moving company's warehouse across the street from a cement plant, and understand the word 'corporate' has a variety of meanings as well. :)

No comments: