4.10.2003

What I'm Reading Now...

The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis
This book is explaining to me why I've felt so pursued by God...maybe you've figured this out a long time ago, but I'm just getting it.
.
The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
Yun is a church leader who was horribly persecuted in China. His story will raise the hair on the back of your neck and make you wonder...what if? Not a bad question to ask.

I and Thou by Martin Buber
Steve Sjogren gave me this 180 page book 2 years ago. I just recently picked it up again. It's tough slogging, though good stuff. I hope Steve isn't getting ready to quiz me on it though.

The Gift by Lewis Hyde
I just restarted this one too...first 100 pages were great, then it sort of went Buber on me. Some great cultural stories about giving though.

Dancing in the Margins by Kathy Coffey
Great stuff if you ever wonder why people leave the church.

Airframe by Michael Crichton
Okay, it's not Buber...but it's a quick, fun read.

No comments: