2.13.2003

We're mid-course in Alpha again...a 10 week study. For the first time, we're also doing a spanish version. There are a lot of spanish-speaking people within walking distance of our church, so when someone asked about hosting a table, I said "Si!". They join us for dinner but gravitate to another room to watch the spanish video version while the gringos stay in the main room to suffer under my teaching in english. Anyway, I absentmindedly grabbed a Salvador cd to play as people were walking in to dinner last night....and the Spanish-speaking crew a lit up as they walked in. I think they felt I'd intentionally done it (d'oh) but it was just a fluke - makes me wonder what else we could do to show them they're a vital part. Something tells me Taco Bell isn't the answer.

No comments: