2.10.2003

Romans 5:2-5
...we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

There's something innately interesting about perserverance. I think that for the most part, we view perserverance backwards...as if we persevere because of the hope of overcoming a struggle. Looks to me like the perseverance itself has value...that it makes us into what we could not be had we chosen not to stick it out When I think of the times in life that I've buckled down and plowed through a tough spot, I can usually point to a character development that followed, and a stronger belief coming out of the situation than I had going in.

Persevere. Hope lies on the other side.

No comments: