12.06.2002

O Holy Night
I'm teaching next weekend - part three of our 'behind the music' series on the theology of Christmas songs. I can't get passed the first three words - think about the ramifications of divine intervention in our lives; that there could be a holy moment...and what that means for us. Short of a holy moment in time, we don't have a prayer.

Been listening to the recent Passion cd, track three, You are the Lord, the Famous One, so loudly as to threaten blowing the speakers in the S.S. Family Truckster. I'm in one of my radically dissatisfied states that seems to start in a funk, build to a rage, and eventually spit out some pretty good ideas. Barely reaching the rage stage so far, but something tells me something's cooking.

Habakkuk 3:2
LORD , I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD .
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy.

No comments: